Tuesday, April 6, 2010











Today the trip became reality. After a connection in Chicago the city I grew up in, our 13 hour and 37 minute journey to South Korea began. The flight attendants were eager to please us and could not be more graceful. After sharing many hours with my neighbors stories of travel, business, and family we arrived at the Incheon airport. Pushing a cart stacked with luggage that resembled a mountain we were greeted by the lovely Korean Rotarians. That evening we were taken to the best local Korean restaurant for dinner. We were served a delightful smorgesbord that challenged our appetite. With warm feet from the heated floor and blurred vision from the great drinks we headed to a market to pick up some groceries. Later we went back to where we would be staying the night. Much to our surprise the beds were heated wood planks. In the morning I will be cooking some French toast as I promised my host.

No comments: